Ernie Harker is an illustrator, author, consultant, and keynote speaker who helps his clients build world-class brands using a powerful but simple framework.
- 1993-1995 Storyboard artist and designer for Ad Agency servicing Intel, Iomega, Novell, Netscape, Ask Jeeves, and other tech clients.
- 1995- Started creative production studio; Ernburn Communications
- 2001- rebranded regional c-store company from Country-Store to Adventure’s First Stop
- Produced TV series, animated DVD series, wrote how to draw books- “Making Faces” and “Monster Factory,” a children’s book “They’re Waiting For Me,” and a YouTube channel called “Sketch-e” that teaches kids how to draw.
- 2010-2018 Exec Director of Marketing for convenience store business- increased business value 600% to a multi billion dollar company.
- 2018- Wrote “Your Brand Sucks- How to ignite a brand that doesn’t”
- Currently consults and speaks on branding and business leadership strategies.
Ernie has developed a process that helps business owners and brand managers create a killer brand strategy. The four steps are easier to remember when using the acronym: F.I.R.E.
- Find your brand Spark- The most unique and compelling point of difference.
- Identify your target customers- Who is most likely to care about your brand spark.
- Realize your core belief. Why do you serve the industry you serve?
- Establish your brand adjectives. These adjectives are used to help curate the brand assets (fonts, colors, imagery, language, and tone) for your marketing materials in a way that reinforces your brand strategy.
Download Ernie’s book.
Check out his website for more info!